Apple is smart and we admire it. It’s their brilliance and giving their best to their customers that has taken them to the top. They know how often Users feel it important take a screenshot of their screens and so they have provided many way options to do the same.
In this article we have collected all the methods by which you can take a screen shot on your Mac.
1. Command+Shift+3: Takes screen Shot of the whole screen and saves it on the desktop as a PNG Image.
2. Command+Control+Shift+3: Takes screen shot of the whole screen and saves it in the Clipboard as a PNG Image.
3. Command+Shift+4 + Mouse Drag: This command is used to take screenshot of a particular area on a screen by pressing Command-Shift-4 and then dragging the mouse on the desired area.
4. Command-Shift-4+Space+ Mouse Click: This command can be used in case you need a screen shot of a particular window. Just press Command-Shift-4+Space and click on the desired window.
5. Command+Control+Shift+4+ Mouse Drag: This command is used to take screenshot of a particular area on a screen by pressing Command-Shift-4 and then dragging the mouse on the desired area and the Image is stored in clipboard.
6. Command+Control+Shift+4 Mouse Click: This command can be used in case you need a screen shot of a particular window. Just press Command+Control+Shift+4 and click on the desired window and the image will be saved in the clipboard.
7. Grab Method: This software can be accessed from Applications > Utilities folder. This method saves images as .Tiff format and can be used to capture the screen shots with different types of custom cursors in the shot. A menu can also be included in the shot. To include a cursor, first go to Grab Preferences and select the cursor icon you wish to have in your screen shot. To capture the screen with Grab, run Grab, then choose of the capture modes from the “Capture” menu: Selection, Window, Screen, Timed Screen. This app also allows you to save images manually to more appropriate locations.
8. Skitch Program
The Skitch Program is represented by a Pink icon which can be accessed from your application folder. Once you have opened the program Open the page you wish to take a screenshot of in a new tab or window, depending on your browser and preferences. Now, without closing this window click on the Skitch program to bring it on the front of the screen. Once you can see the snitch program click on the Snap button located at the right top of the window which will leave you with a set of capture cross hairs. Use these cross hairs to select the desired area. Now you can share it over the net, or save it on a desired location or simply on desktop.