Samsung Wave II is a good phone with features like 5mp camera with LED Flash, 3.7’’ capacitive touchscreen, 3G, Front facing Camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc. But the operating system, Bada 1.2 is not so good considering the hardware of the mobile phone. We have all heard the news about Bada 2.0 update from Samsung, but they didn’t came up with the Official Bada 2.0 and I don’t see them coming up with it anytime soon. There is some good news though, the Unofficial version of the OS is already out and is successfully being run on the device. Some of the main features of Bada 2.0 are:
- Supports Multi Tasking. The Users can switch between different applications without losing any Data.
- The Dolphin 3.0 Browser works smoothly and fast with Flash support.
- You get all the settings for every application like Music Player, Internet, Calls etc at one place. That means centralized settings solution like Android and iOS.
- Gallery is very impressive with some cool effects.
- Music Player shows you the Lyrics of the current playing Track and automatically looks for and finds album art using the ID3 tags.
- Voice Command, Voice Search and Voice Dictation work perfectly.
You might also want to check out posts about best Verizon phones and cheapest Android phones.
Picture worth a thousand words, right? Here are some screenshots of the new Bada 2.0 running on Samsung Wave II:
Here is how you will be able to install Bada 2.0 on your brand new (or old) Samsung Wave II mobile phone.
First of all you need to download: Bada 2.0 firmware and Multiloader 5.65.
- Backup all your files and contacts on the PC using Samsung Kies.
- Now Switch off your phone and remove Sim Card and Memory Card.
- Make sure your phone’s battery is fully charged.
- Prepare Mini USB cable for connecting PC with mobile phone (do not connect the phone yet).
- Press volume key down + lock key + power button.Your phone is now in download mode.
- Connect the phone with your PC using Mini USB cable.
- Wait for your system to detect the connected device.
- Once the device is connected, run Multiloader v5.65.
- Select LSI, tick Boot Change then tick Full Download.
- Click Boot and select “Boot Files”. All these files and folders are inside the package you downloaded above.
- Click AMSS and select “amss.bin” file.
- Click APPS and select “apps_compressed.bin”.
- Click RSRC1 and select “Rsrc_S8530_Open_Europe_Common.rc1”.
- Click RSRC2 and select “Rsrc2_S8530(Mid).rc2”.
- Click FACTORY FS and select “FactoryFs_S8530_Open_Europe_Common.ffs”.
- Click CSC and select “CSC_S8530_Open_Europe_Common_OXA_KH3.csc”.
- Click SHP button and select “ShpApp.app”.
- Leave the FOTA, TUNE, ETC, PFS unchanged. See the image below.
- Now Click Port Search and it will detect your device, if not then connect your phone in any other port and search again.
- After it detects your device, Click Download button and you will see download in progress.
- During flashing, the phone will restart several times. There is no need to be worried.
- Once the download is completed, you can unplug your device and enjoy Bada 2.0 on your Samsung Wave II.
- Warning: Do not unplug the USB cable while flashing, it may Brick your device and you will not be able to use it.
As this is not the Official Bada 2.0, there are some bugs as is to be expected. After Flashing your device you need to change some setting to avoid some hiccups in the user experience. To avoid some of these problems, you just have to follow these few steps:
- Go to PreConfig by pressing *#5239870*# on your phone’s keypad.
- Select “Pre Config”.
- Password is *#27236*#.
- And select “DBT”.
- Now your phone will restart again.
- After restarting this is the last step you must do: dial *#33284*# and select debug level to “low”.
- Your phone will restart again and maybe the language is changed too. Change the language back to English and your are done.
Congratulations, you have now successfully installed Bada 2.o operating system on your Wave II mobile phone.
Bonus Tip: How to change the default Theme.
- First of all, download the themes you like for your phone. Make sure the extension is “.smt”. A simple google search will land you 10’s of themes for Bada 2.0.
- Download STune.
- Connect your phone with your PC in Kies mode (Kies is necessary for Drivers, otherwise your computer will not recognise your phone).
- Now start STune and select Samsung Mobile USB Modem.
- Select Browser Tab.
- Now select AppEx, it will expand like a tree.
- Select User > Theme > Download. See the image below
- Now Drag “.smt” file to the RHS of the Stune (under Files section).
- Unplug the device and go to Settings > Display > Theme.
- You will see new themes that you just added, apply the desired theme and enjoy.
Let us know how it went. If you face any problems, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below.
thanx i have now bada 2.0 and it is si nice
Bennet Mthembu says
I m from South Africa .Whe can i get bada 2
hello>>>> thanks for bada 2 ,,, its great but it haven’t Arabic language ,,, please help me to get it
hand off to you and listen we can install bada 2.0 for samsung kies bu upgrading firmwok it takes 30-40 min
Please don’t install Bada 2.0 , it works fine for the first 4 months but in the back end the display’s lifetime is getting low . I have 3 wave phones and now all the phones display went off and i have to pay nearly half the amount of the phone to get a new display for these phone. PLEASE DON’T DO IT. Its your phone rest is up to you …….
Hey i tried it to my mobile bt is still flashing what can i do?
i have bada 1.2 that did the shop for me, and i wanna to have bada 2.0 and i know how to do it now pleassse tel me a code for bada 2.0 ???
Does 3G works with bada 2.0 coz one of my friend flashed her S8500 with bada 2.0. Everything is working fine except 3G networking and GPS position. REPLY SOON
download link is down :(((
please get a new link
henry Dilonga says
I made a mistake by disconnecting while trying to update my wave 3 although the instructions stipulate this should not be done. It cannot reboot. What else can be done to reboot the phone again. Please help me
Gurvinder kaushik says
hi i’m using wave 2 gt – s8530 . and i also want to upgrade the os systm 1.2 into 2.0 . then i’m go to samsung care bt they tell me there is a screen touch prlm in bada 2.0 os systm. plz help me .
hey dude just wanna know how can i upgrade to bada2(the official one) i dont want any risk with my phone.
hi I tried everything u told 2 do but i m getting this error ”Serial port open error! ”
what would i will do my phone hanged out
please help me
Are the new Bada 2.0 compatible with Whatsapp,because I could’nt download it previously on my phone.
i m not finding the boots files 4m whr to download plzzz tel me
I have installed everything but the internet doesn’t go
can i use nokia fata cable to connect and install samsung bada2.0
can i use nokia data cable to upgrade my os tp 2.0 becoz with that i use to connect my device to pc to upload songs on my memory card will it work
i want to install bada2 with farsi support please help me
Rade Tatung says
i want to upgrade my mobile wave 2 by downloading bada 2.0 but owing to unavailabiliy of pc i am unable to do it. cant it be downloaded with my mobile itself? while going through many of the coments of the users it is reported that after upgrading to bada 2.0 some problems started to crops up. will it be safety for mobile phone if it is upgraded to bada 2.0? one more question – now a days internet is too slow. it may be due to virus or some others as i use to do internet frequently. is there mobile scanner for better internet service? please reply.
hi I flashed my phone but didn’t include the fota file when I try to reflash it multiloader says that there is a security fail what does this mean and how can I solve it?
hi how about changing to android??? thks
help me of update wave 2 bada 1.2 to bada 2
Max William says
All the links are not working, i tried to use Kies but it didn’t get to 2.0
I have ruined my phone I do not know how to fix it Help me please