After buying your expensive MacBook it feels great but the feeling turns into bitterness if somehow your MacBook Battery is Not Charging. This is very sad but true scene which happens most often to a lot of people. So, in this post we have thrown light on as many things as we can think of that may have caused this error and the possible ways to get rid of this bugbear.
1. Battery Check
Check if there is something wrong with your battery. You can do this by borrowing a battery from your friend or any ae yournd if the error goes away then the problem is with your battery and there is no alternative here but to change you battery.
2. Adapter Chaeck
Try to use a different adapter for your MacBook and if it doesn’t turn on then the problem is with motherboard circuit and you need to show you device to a technician.
3. System Management Controller (SMC).
This SMC is basically an IC (Integrated Circuit) computer chip that is on the Logic board of you computer. This very Chip as the name implies is responsible for Power management issues on the computer. It controls backlighting, hard disk spin down, sleep and wake, some charging aspects, trackpad control, and some input/output as it relates to the computer sleeping.
With time there is a possibility that this SMC chip may develop some malady which can lead to improper behavior like device not turning on, not waking from sleep, not charging the battery, or not recognizing the AC Adapter, etc.
Resetting an SMC should be a last resort and should be tried only when the computer is unresponsive or a proper proof of a defect in this Chip is established. Performing an SMC reset completely resets the hardware power management functions.
- Make sure you turn of your computer in case it is on using Shutdown from the Apple menu.
- Connect the power adapter to a working power source.
- Now on the built-in keyboard, press (left) Shift-Control-Option along with the power button once. It should be kept in mind that only left side keys of the Built-in keyboard should be used
- Wait for 5 seconds and then press the power button on the computer.
Leave a Reply