You need to put songs on your iPod but don’t have iTunes. If you are owner of an iPod this is one of the questions that might have bothered your mind. By default iTunes is the only media player that can be used to sync the iPod with your computer. Some people might also have tried copying songs directly but you all know that doesn’t works. For many people iTunes is a hassle to use, they need more simple easy to use interface to use with their iPods. In this article we will discuss about the ways by which you can manage you iPod without iTunes.
Use Copy Trans Manager
One such software that could be used to is copy trans manager. This software can be used to manage all your iPod songs without any need of using iTunes interface. Just like iTunes this can be used to manage the songs, create playlists, tag music or play your music files on your computer.
Features of copy trans manager:
- You can use to add music, podcasts, audio books, movies, tv shows etc to your iPod and other apple devices.
- It also provides you with the option to drag and drop songs directly from any folder on your computer to your iPod, iPad and iPhone.
- You can also use it to add tracks from any PC to you apple device.
- This also provides you with option to organize and manage all your playlists. This cool software also allows you to create or edit playlists. You are also provided with an option to drag and drop songs directly into you device’s playlist.
- You can also edit track informations.
- You can also sync your iPod manually or you can choose it to done automatically.
Download copy trans manager
By Winamp Media Player
For people who have been using winamp as their media player, here is a good news. You can also use your favorite player for sync your iPod. There is no need to migrate all your music library to the iTunes sacrificing your age old relationship with winamp. With the help of the plugin called ml_ipod plugin, you will be able to sync music by using your own familiar winamp.
- First you will need to install iTunes. Try using iTunes version 7 or 8, it have been found working with these versions it may be possible that you may face some problem working with later versions. Or You can also install drivers without installing iTunes.
Installing drivers without installing iTunes
1. Download the iTunes.exe file.
2. Now rename iTunes.exe to iTunes.zip. Extract these files.
3. From extracted file choose AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi and QuickTime.msi. and install these files.
- Now, install winamp, we recommend using versions 5 and above.
- Now install ml_ipod plugin, you can get ml_ipod plugin from here. Now plugin your iPod and start winamp.
- You will found your device listed in the left hand panel of the winamp.
- It also enables you not only to send songs to your iPod but also back to your computer also from your iPod.