When you start using your laptop after sometime you will find that your screen has become very dirty and dusty. Laptop provides mobility, so most of the people always tend to carry their laptop with them. This exposes the laptops to wide environmental conditions.
Naturally the dust particles settles inside the laptop, moistures also sweeps inside and the regular use makes dust particles settle on its screen making it murky.
The LCD or liquid crystal screen display is very important part of the laptop. At some point of time you will find a need to clean your laptop screen to make it more clean and clear. Lot have been said and written over this topic, in this post we will discuss simple methods to clean your laptop screen.
- 1. Just keep in mind, don’t clean the screen like you clean your window glasses LCD screen is different, this can ruin your screen. Keep in mind one thing, if you are going to clean your laptop screen then first shut down your system and remove the power adapter from the power plug. This is done for two reasons, first it reduces the chance of shocking the laptop and second the laptop heat could mess up the screen.
- 2. Use a soft cotton cloth to clean the laptop screen. A micro-fiber cloth could be your best deal. But first check if your cleaning cloth contains any sharp things or any pin. This may damage the screen.
- 3.Don’t go for the normal cleaning solutions and water, this may damage the screen. You can use mild cleaning agents, but do not use tap water always use distilled water. You can also use the laptop cleaning spray to clean your laptop.A laptop cleaning spray is designed so as it does not harm the laptop screen but cleans it thoroughly. This may be costly but if you compared it to what could happen if you ruin your screen just because of improper cleaning equipment then this would be a better deal.
It is also non advisable to use eye glass lens cleaners, as they contains a chemical called “Isopropanol” an alcohol which is used as an industrial solvent. This chemical may damage your laptop screen.
- 4. Never apply cleaning solution directly on the screen. Spray the cleaning solution on your cleaning cloth. Make sure to apply only cleaning solution so that the cloth should not drip.
- 5. Now wipe the screen but gently with care. Do not press or scrub. A LCD screen is a delicate thing if you pressed it with too much of the effort you will find that it may lose some of its pixels or the some color pattern of few pixels may be disturbed. This could ruin the screen. So, use your cloth gently with care. Start wiping the screen from left and move towards right.
- 6. Dry your laptop by using another piece of the micro fiber cloth.
Don’t use same cloth twice. A clean and better looking screen means a better computing experience.