Samsung Wave II is a good phone with features like 5mp camera with LED Flash, 3.7’’ capacitive touchscreen, 3G, Front facing Camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc. But the operating system, Bada 1.2 is not so good considering the hardware of the mobile phone. We have all heard the news about Bada 2.0 update from Samsung, but they didn’t came up with the Official Bada 2.0 and I don’t see them coming up with it anytime soon. There is some good news though, the Unofficial version of the OS is already out and is successfully being run on the device. Some of the main features of Bada 2.0 are:
- Supports Multi Tasking. The Users can switch between different applications without losing any Data.
- The Dolphin 3.0 Browser works smoothly and fast with Flash support.
- You get all the settings for every application like Music Player, Internet, Calls etc at one place. That means centralized settings solution like Android and iOS.
- Gallery is very impressive with some cool effects.
- Music Player shows you the Lyrics of the current playing Track and automatically looks for and finds album art using the ID3 tags.
- Voice Command, Voice Search and Voice Dictation work perfectly.
You might also want to check out posts about best Verizon phones and cheapest Android phones.
Picture worth a thousand words, right? Here are some screenshots of the new Bada 2.0 running on Samsung Wave II:
Here is how you will be able to install Bada 2.0 on your brand new (or old) Samsung Wave II mobile phone.
First of all you need to download: Bada 2.0 firmware and Multiloader 5.65.
- Backup all your files and contacts on the PC using Samsung Kies.
- Now Switch off your phone and remove Sim Card and Memory Card.
- Make sure your phone’s battery is fully charged.
- Prepare Mini USB cable for connecting PC with mobile phone (do not connect the phone yet).
- Press volume key down + lock key + power button.Your phone is now in download mode.
- Connect the phone with your PC using Mini USB cable.
- Wait for your system to detect the connected device.
- Once the device is connected, run Multiloader v5.65.
- Select LSI, tick Boot Change then tick Full Download.
- Click Boot and select “Boot Files”. All these files and folders are inside the package you downloaded above.
- Click AMSS and select “amss.bin” file.
- Click APPS and select “apps_compressed.bin”.
- Click RSRC1 and select “Rsrc_S8530_Open_Europe_Common.rc1”.
- Click RSRC2 and select “Rsrc2_S8530(Mid).rc2”.
- Click FACTORY FS and select “FactoryFs_S8530_Open_Europe_Common.ffs”.
- Click CSC and select “CSC_S8530_Open_Europe_Common_OXA_KH3.csc”.
- Click SHP button and select “ShpApp.app”.
- Leave the FOTA, TUNE, ETC, PFS unchanged. See the image below.
- Now Click Port Search and it will detect your device, if not then connect your phone in any other port and search again.
- After it detects your device, Click Download button and you will see download in progress.
- During flashing, the phone will restart several times. There is no need to be worried.
- Once the download is completed, you can unplug your device and enjoy Bada 2.0 on your Samsung Wave II.
- Warning: Do not unplug the USB cable while flashing, it may Brick your device and you will not be able to use it.
As this is not the Official Bada 2.0, there are some bugs as is to be expected. After Flashing your device you need to change some setting to avoid some hiccups in the user experience. To avoid some of these problems, you just have to follow these few steps:
- Go to PreConfig by pressing *#5239870*# on your phone’s keypad.
- Select “Pre Config”.
- Password is *#27236*#.
- And select “DBT”.
- Now your phone will restart again.
- After restarting this is the last step you must do: dial *#33284*# and select debug level to “low”.
- Your phone will restart again and maybe the language is changed too. Change the language back to English and your are done.
Congratulations, you have now successfully installed Bada 2.o operating system on your Wave II mobile phone.
Bonus Tip: How to change the default Theme.
- First of all, download the themes you like for your phone. Make sure the extension is “.smt”. A simple google search will land you 10’s of themes for Bada 2.0.
- Download STune.
- Connect your phone with your PC in Kies mode (Kies is necessary for Drivers, otherwise your computer will not recognise your phone).
- Now start STune and select Samsung Mobile USB Modem.
- Select Browser Tab.
- Now select AppEx, it will expand like a tree.
- Select User > Theme > Download. See the image below
- Now Drag “.smt” file to the RHS of the Stune (under Files section).
- Unplug the device and go to Settings > Display > Theme.
- You will see new themes that you just added, apply the desired theme and enjoy.
Let us know how it went. If you face any problems, don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments below.
this is typical of big companies, selling products and not providing customer service. samsung wave 2 owner stuck with bada 1.2 kies does not work for upgrade even on win8 system. samsung dont care, loads of apps for bada 2 and no upgrade is working. and i was thinking of getting a samsung LED tv 42 inch…. not if i don’t get bada 2.0 first… come on Samsung don’t be a bunch of sh**’s do somthing to be proud of and fix the bug.. then we will believe in you again.
tomorrow i will call samsung… not holding my breath… but will post their reply and attitude to my (our) problem… i will ask if i can send in my phone for them to load Bada 2.0 ??? any bets on their reply..
the sman says
i download all of it and now my wave is sying define network what shall i do pls tell me yaar
initially., it showed “serial port open error”
i changed port .,
after download start ., it shows warning:security fail.
wat shd i do now.?
SERIAL PORT OPEN ERROR…
PLZZZ ANY HELP
really very good step 100% working
Hello I successfully installed it.Although I had ‘serial port error’ displayed, i went on to click download and it started downloadin at on of the ‘COM’ i think COM 14…can’t really remember. Also please remember to click on FOTA and add the .fota file before you click on download. I’m really enjoying the new and marvelous display.
Welcome to BADA 2.0!
I tried to root my star 2 duos but it switched off when i was installing. It is not switching on. How much ever i tried. Please help me.how to restore my phone
there is no DBT in my phone plz help me…….
hello, there is no port finding in multiloader 5.65. please help me. I was followed your every steps. but at last, not a sigle port was find. I also try to insert my USB pin in every USB port but nothing happened. please please please help me.
Hussain Ageel Naseer says
try “port search” button if ur phone is not detected. if still cannot, then use a different cable.
Hussain Ageel Naseer says
thank you so much. good article and is very helpful.
Nelson Carlos da Barra says
Thankyou very much for such a great and helpful article.
I was very much worried due to hanging and restarting problem of my GT-S8530.
That is why I was searching for replacing old Bada 1.2 with Bada 2.0 to get rid of those problems.
Thanks to Almighty Allah, I found your website on google and offcourse this nice article.
I didnt installed Bada 2.0. I just tried codes and Pre-Configs told by you to avoid hiccups.
And all of my Luck, my phone is great now. No restart and hanging problem.
Many functions like Memo, Camera setting, Navigation, which were disabled before those are functioning as well.
I am bookmarking your site.
Thankyou very much again n again for your nice help.
However one problem I felt in your article was related to download link for “Bada 2.0 firmware and Multiloader 5.65”. When I click on link, new window opens, ask me to wait for few seconds. when I try to download it downloads ilivid software not multiloader and Bada 2.0.
I have downloaded Multiloader after searching from google. but no bada 🙁
i own a samsung wave II, GT-S8530. THE TOUCH SCREEN ON THE LEFT SIDE VERTICAL ICONS, IS NOT WORKING. CAN I GET HELP ON THIS?
Lakhi kahlon says
I am unable to install wave 2 drivers in my pc because when i connected usb cablein phone pc shows installing driver and then my phone is gonna restart. (Switch off) and drivers not successfully installed.. plz plz help me..