If you own a Windows phone and you want to use a Yahoo messenger then it might be a trouble for you. As Yahoo has not officially launched Yahoo messenger for windows mobile yet. And if give a look at the windows marketplace then you will find that there are no proper instant messaging services there also, like there is one for Apple’s iPhone or the BlackBerry devices.
But there are some 3rd party messenger clients, which work pretty much good on the windows device. IM buddy is one such messenger, it could be used to login into your yahoo account through your yahoo user name and password and getting started with instant messaging right away.
You might also want to check out earlier posts about Windows Keyboard shortcuts and Tangent Tycoon windows 7 tablet review.
IM buddy is one of the first 3rd party yahoo messenger clients for the Windows 7 Phone. The IM buddy uses published SDK to communicate directly with the yahoo server without any middle or intermediate communicating platform or server. This makes it one of the most reliable IM apps in the marketplace. This application allows you to directly login to your yahoo account with your Yahoo ID and password and you could use it to chat and connect with your friends.
- It allows you to connect on the startup, which means you can activate auto login feature so that you don’t need to fill up your user name and password details each time you login.
- It also allows you to view your offline friends also.
- It can also receive and send messages from and to offline contacts. The messages which are sent or received offline are shown as soon as you login.
- It also shows you the thumbnail pics of the contacts.
- It also shows you the contact images in the chat window. Who so ever you are chatting you can have a look at their pic.
- It also provides you with an option to log off and shows you offline. Unlike other apps that always shows you online if you have activated the auto signup option.
- It also allows user to change or update the present status.
- Another feature which I liked was the autocomplete of the words. If you are a chat freak then you might not want to repeat some common word each time you chat. This feature completes your words by guessing what you are intended to type. But sometimes this could be a menace. So, IM buddy provides you with another option to disable it.
- It also provides you with a chat keyboard which contains shortcuts for various commonly used chat entities like smileys.
- The messages are grouped according to their date and time. This entities are grouped together to save the screen space.
- The IM Buddy also allows an user to send a BUZZ.
- Toast like notifications
- The new features have been added captcha support
- It also provides you with an option to convert incoming text messages into speech.
- It has a customizable background.
- It also has provides you with an audio alert on incoming messages.
- Also provides its users with an option to sign in as invisible.
- It also has an online link to the company’s FAQ pages, to ensure fast support of the users.
- You can also increase chat font size.
Download IM Buddy for Windows Mobile device now.
Leave a Reply